HALF MOON BAY LIMITED, 5-7 PULTENEY MEWS, BATH BA2 4DS
Half Moon Bay is a privately owned giftware company supplying both independent and multiple retailers throughout the UK and Europe with opportunities to expand further. Established in 1995 the company currently employs over 40 people from an office in Bath, warehouse in Westbury as well as an office in Dongguan, China. Already well established and recognised, our aim is to be a leading worldwide supplier of licensed entertainment giftware whilst maintaining our standards in design, product quality and service.
The company is going through a period of growth and is recruiting a HEAD OF LICENSING AND PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT. This is a senior management role with responsibility for implementing our licensing strategy, developing new product ranges as well as ensuring product and factory compliance and overseeing our Dongguan office.
TITLE: HEAD OF LICENSING AND PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT
REPORTS TO: Managing Director (part of Management Team)
SALARY: Dependent on experience , plus bonus, pension, 25 days holiday
TEAM: 3 Product Managers, 1 Assistant Product Manager, 1 Design Room Manager, 9 Designers.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- The development and implementation of the Licensing Strategy to involve building relationships with key partners at strategic and product level.
- Negotiate commercially sound and profitable contracts with licensors to maximise the property’s potential within the wider strategy of the company.
- Develop a range strategy for each license structured on trends, product analysis and opportunity, ensuring range renewal and innovation.
- Ensure all new product ranges fully costed and target Gross Margins are achieved.
- Continuously improve product design, formats, packaging and presentation.
- Oversee operations of the Dongguan office and consolidate and strengthen the supplier base, developing contracts, improving terms, and ensuring vendor competency.
- Manage, direct and support the design, product management and approvals teams ensuring clear direction for product, packaging and retail presentation in line with brand strategy and customer requirements.
- Ensure critical paths and key dates are delivered through approximately 50 different projects per year with 300+ new products including own brand, bespoke, landed and FOB.
- Develop and maintain a quality assurance & compliance programme to ensure all products and factories are fully compliant to legal, customer and licensing requirements.
- Develop appropriate KPIs and report performance weekly.
- Regularly visit fairs and factories overseas.
- Manage, appraise and develop the team through regular one to ones and implementing personal development programs.
- Through personal leadership style, drive, motivation, and collaborative approach, develop an inspiring, success orientated team culture .
- Be key member of Management Team driving forward the company’s long term goals.
- Passion for product development within a licensing environment.
- Extremely commercial and switched on the needs of our customers and our business.
- Excellent manager who can lead, develop and inspire a team.
- Highly organised and able to work to critical path and deadlines.
- Excellent at building relationships both with internal and external parties.
- Enthusiastic communicator and presenter.
- Excellent team player able to work under pressure with a can do attitude.
EXPERIENCE MUST HAVES
- At least 10 years’ experience of working within a consumer goods licensing environment.
- At least 10 years’ experience of product development with Far East suppliers including regular visits to factories and tradeshows.
- Technical production knowledge in at least two product areas including ceramics, stationery, bags , textiles or moulded plastics.
- At least 8 years people management experience with a proven record of individual and team development.
Please send CV with covering letter detailing why you’d like this role and what you’d bring to Half Moon Bay to: firstname.lastname@example.org