Who We Are
HIT Entertainment, part of Mattel, one of the world's leading toy and entertainment companies, specialising in building powerful brands based on engaging stories. We work with play!
Our portfolio of leading global brands has right-now impact, and we have teams dedicated to inspiring and developing the next great toy brand! In addition to developing our own IP, we work with pretty much all the top licenses around the globe, from superheroes to supermodels to superstar wrestlers. We’re in the digital space with exciting online and mobile content, and we’re also looking to the future with homegrown properties like Monster High®.
We have the unique opportunity to help shape the development and memories of this generation of children - and hopefully generations to come. If this sounds like the right opportunity for you read on for further details!
The Publishing Associate will assist the Senior Publishing Licensing Manager in developing and managing licensing relationships from the UK office, and will work closely with designated publishing licensees to produce books in all formats (trade, comic books, magazines, digital etc.), as well as assisting in creatively developing new product ideas.
For this role, we are seeking a dedicated publishing professional, ideally with licensed publishing and subsidiary rights experience to join the team.
Key Results Areas
- Assist in managing the day-to-day publishing relationships with UK and EMEA Book and Magazine publishers
- Supporting everyday responsibilities such as contract negotiations, amendments, financial analyses, strategy presentations, product line analysis and other projects for the category
- Responsible for maintaining publishing contract databases, contact list, gap analysis, setting up quarterly meetings, Trade Shows etc.
- Research and understand the competitive landscape, identifying new category opportunities and prospective partners
- Ensure licensee product lines reflect brand/property objectives
- Implement marketing and promotional strategies in liaison with internal and external stakeholders
- Work closely with the Global Publishing team, other categories, Retail Team, Regional Franchise, Brand Activation, to develop joint business plans
- Prepare brand pitch and marketing presentations
- Obtain and review quarterly sales forecast information from licensees to build quarterly forecast and budget
- Provide all needed product and licensee information to the sales and marketing to support retail road shows and presentations
Experience, Knowledge and Skills Required
- Relevant experience in publishing, ideally from a licensed publishing or subsidiary rights background
- Experience of working with creative staff to develop new product ideas is highly preferable;
- Strong PC skills (including Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Adobe Illustrator/Photoshop),
- Clear, persuasive verbal and written communication and presentation skills,
- Ability to develop strong relationships,
- Ability to challenge
- Bring new ideas and thinking to the business.
- Self-starter, motivated and proactive
- Able to handle multiple tasks and assignments.
- Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent) in Marketing, Business or English
HIT Entertainment is an equal opportunitIES Employer